Dawn of a New Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Templates and such

2 posters

Go down

Templates and such Empty Templates and such

Post  Beldum ThistleSTAB! Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:32 pm

Hey guys, just me asking a question about Templates. Since it doesn't have a Lvl adjustment, just a CR adjustment, what would be the lvl equivalent for Half-dragon template on a PC?

Beldum ThistleSTAB!
Pikesman
Pikesman

Back to top Go down

Templates and such Empty Re: Templates and such

Post  King Gidan Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:03 am

Beldum ThistleSTAB! wrote:Hey guys, just me asking a question about Templates. Since it doesn't have a Lvl adjustment, just a CR adjustment, what would be the lvl equivalent for Half-dragon template on a PC?

I've found a couple suggestions online, one saying +2 LA, the other suggesting just using the LA from 3.5 (which may or may not be +2, I didn't check).

However, if you just wanted to play a humanoid dragon, might I suggest using the Dragonborn race I have here?: http://geoffshousegames.wikidot.com/4e-races-in-pathfinder
King Gidan
King Gidan
King
King

http://dawnofanewage.wikidot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Beldum ThistleSTAB! Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:48 pm

Errr, you may want to look at that again, since i cannot play a 4E race in a pathfinder game. Is there somewhere i can find a conversion perhaps?

Beldum ThistleSTAB!
Pikesman
Pikesman

Back to top Go down

Post  King Gidan Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:27 am

Errr, YOU may want to look at that again, since those are races that were introduced in 4e, but converted to Pathfinder rules.
King Gidan
King Gidan
King
King

Back to top Go down

Post  Beldum ThistleSTAB! Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:07 am

Umm, i can only point out This Draconic Health (Ex): Once per >encounter< a dragonborn may heal a number of hit points equal to his constitution modifier (if positive) to himself only. He also adds this bonus to healing from spells and potions and to daily natural healing. If he is healed by a paladin's lay on hands he may only apply this benefit if he is healed of at least six points of damage.

and Breath Weapon (Su): The dragonborn gains a breath weapon he can use once per >encounter< as a standard action. Each time he uses the breath weapon it takes the form of a 15-foot cone. This breath weapon deals 1d6 +> Con< modifier points of damage (2d6 at 8th or higher level and 3d6 at 15th or higher level)

Which seem to be Awefully 4th editiony to me. Maybe im wrong, but...last i checked breath weapons don't work that way,

Beldum ThistleSTAB!
Pikesman
Pikesman

Back to top Go down

Post  King Gidan Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:49 am

Yeah, the racial writeups aren't perfect. I'd replace 1/encounter with 3/day. But they are pathfinder compatible. The important thing is to talk with the DM about it and whittle down the rules to where you're both satisfied.
King Gidan
King Gidan
King
King

Back to top Go down

Post  Beldum ThistleSTAB! Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:29 am

Well, Your the DM, so...Can ya help me with working out the dragonborn race? I'd like to play one.

Beldum ThistleSTAB!
Pikesman
Pikesman

Back to top Go down

Post  King Gidan Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:34 pm

Beldum ThistleSTAB! wrote:Well, Your the DM, so...Can ya help me with working out the dragonborn race? I'd like to play one.

Ah, I see. Well, there. It is done. I have whittled with the dragonborn stats in that webpage and I approve of it. I may work around with it more, but I wouldn't expect anything major to change. If there is any changes (minor or not) I will tell you on saturday.
King Gidan
King Gidan
King
King

Back to top Go down

Post  Beldum ThistleSTAB! Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:24 am

Ah, good good...wish the breath wpn weren't so weak. Also, what is the point of the ' +con mod' to damage? Also, since its not 4th ED, i have to ask what Chlorine Gas would do? Since there is no Poison type dmg in pathfinder. Also, would the Draconic Fury even take affect much? Bloodied abilities seem useless in pathfinder. Also, final question, is it possible to take some feats from the Races of the dragon?

Beldum ThistleSTAB!
Pikesman
Pikesman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum