Dawn of a New Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ghost Adventure

2 posters

Go down

Ghost Adventure Empty Ghost Adventure

Post  Bumpycucumbers Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:25 am

This is a campaign idea that I have had for a while and I would like to run it. The campaign will be run, if it ever is, in the Pathfinder campaign setting. The reason for that is that the Pathfinder campaign setting is the only rule set, that I can think of, that will work well with the idea that I have.

In this campaign the players will only be allowed to make characters using the NPC classes. The idea behind this is that the players are playing friends who are just average, when starting out, Joe or Jane Schmo. It can be determined later if PC classes can be accessed later in the campaign but for now just think NPC classes for the complete duration of the campaign.

The reason for having the players play the NPC classes is because of the premise of the campaign. The story of the campaign is that the characters are all friends who get a crazy idea. The characters are wanting to be amature ghost hunters, like the television shows Ghost Hunters or Paranormal State, basically the characters will be members of medieval T.A.P.S.

I would like to run the campaign in Tysen's Campaign Setting Dawn Of A New Age. I would like to do that because I do not see the characters becoming world famous but definitely local celebrities,or , maybe they do become world famous. The main reason is because, with permission from Tysen and help from him also, I would like to either build an original city or use this to build a city that Tysen wants to build and has not got around to it yet.

Let me know what you think of the idea.

Bumpycucumbers
Pikesman
Pikesman

Back to top Go down

Ghost Adventure Empty Re: Ghost Adventure

Post  King Gidan Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:01 am

I like this just fine and I have several cities that I have not even begun to flesh out.

As for mechanics, I can see that you want to keep this low level and that's fine. However, I would suggest against using npc classes for the very basic reason that they are boring. However, seeing the flavor that you are going for, I would suggest using a pathfinder version of the Generic Classes from Unearthed Arcana (3.5 D&D). I will show you what I'm talking about the next time we game at the house.

Also, maybe using a game system made for more gritty games would work, such as Wheel of Time or Game of Thrones. I'll try to think of more suggestions.
King Gidan
King Gidan
King
King

http://dawnofanewage.wikidot.com/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum